CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 16, 2008

the saga of jackies kitchen






Today is another stab in kitchen renovation......the infamous 3 year kitchen project, my husband assured me was a "snap". So Sunday dinner preparation is going to be worked around clamps, screwdrivers, and a "big" freaking saw.....he has also assured me the dust catcher on this brand new must have saw is wonderful. Tell me again why I am trusting a man who misled me three years ago when he started this project and why do i see sawdust covering my things in my future? Adding to the confusion are a few pets, did I mention I have nine cats?????? Well, in all actuality they are not all mine, some are left overs from my son and daughter the others just wandered in. Of course they all have different personalities and range in size from very tiny ewok looking to a humongous "Mr. Ears" bull dog / small coffee table type.
It is very hard to concentrate with all the construction but I have to get back to work on gifts for the December "gift-o-rama". There are seven of us, all artsy fartsy types but all very different styles. I am so excited because it has forced us out of our safe little boxes to create something in another area of art. Right now I am fixing my gaze on what I want to make for Shaun. It is sitting here challenging me....in fact I believe it just stuck its tongue out at me, but after befuddeling me for 4 days it is winning this battle. My creative flow seems petrified at the moment....but no fears, Shaun my "pea brain" is just resting on its flat side , I will get up and dance frantically to Dr.Hook"s "mamas got a squeeze box' (thats what is playing) until the pea rolls over and starts working. What a vision.......

0 comments: